Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentine's day was yesterday.


Happy Valentine's Day.
This is how it goes when you live in res...
With the big v-day falling on the day after many scurried home for reading break, the ones left here immediately bonded with one another.
Especially in a building 2/3 women.
Especially considering it's Valentine's Day weekend.
I started my day with a nice dose of yoga with Chris this morning and then came back to campus and chilled. Emmy phoned me for lunch and then we ate and napped and watched "Ten Things I Hate About You." It was wicked.
We got ready for our dates and it was SOO fun! Ok, ok, I may be bitter sometimes, and many dub me as an "angry feminist" because I take Women's Studies courses, but I'm not like that at all. I loved having my hair and makeup done and talking with a girlfriend about what we're going to wear and how we think our evenings will play out.
I had a really sweet night and got back around 1:00 just to find out she hadn't had her date yet! Yep, she had a 3am(ish) date so OF COURSE her, Denay and I stayed up watching "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" and then the inevitable full scale 2:30 am dance party.
We let our hair down, helped her pick out her outfit and danced our asses off.
(I think those lattes from David's definitely kicked in haha.)
Anyway, all in all, while I may be consumer conscious about the state of the flower and cocoa industries, I still had a fun Valentine's Day exchanging my converse and jeans for a dress and little heels.
Life is too short to take it too too seriously anyway.
The Beatles know the drill, "all you need is love" (now let's just spread the love everyday!)

PEACE!

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment